Aaaaaaand once again, it’s Friday! 🙂 Geez I don’t like the pace the summer is going right now, slow down!
But hello WEEKEND, Father’s Day Weekend, to be exact. Who else is pumped to spend some quality time with their Daddy-o’s?!
This particular Friday is different because I get to GO HOME for 6 weeks before I attend my dance intensive in Boston. I am very excited to go back to the ‘burbs for a bit and enjoy having a backyard again and trees and a house with rooms and an upstairs.
Once you live in a tiny studio apartment you appreciate space so much more than you ever thought you would 😉
Speaking of appreciate, let’s appreciate this past week and everything that was awesome about it!
Linking up with Kate, of The Domestikated Life, to bring you my “tops” of the week. 🙂
*All images are credited to their respective author.*
Top 3 Recipes
1. Pineapple Salsa Recipe – Show Me The Yummy
YOU GUYS. How much better can it get than this?? Pico is great, but pineapple is better. Who’s got the chips?
2. Apple Pie Snickerdoodles – Amy’s Healthy Baking
I’ve been on an apple kick lately, so when I saw these cookies from Amy I think my dreams came true. APPLE PIE. In cookie form. Need I say more?
3. Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie – Sally’s Baking Addiction
I’ll just leave this here….I have no words. Sally amazes me every.single.day.
Top 3 Lows
I can honestly only think of one low, so I’m sticking with that and not trying to worry about finding more!
1. For me, it has been the feeling of bloating messing with my head. In reality, I know it’s just a normal bodily process. Also I think my body is still adjusting to birth control, and it’s definitely one of the side effects. But life goes on and everything passes!
Top 3 Highs
1. Obviously getting to go home!!! My Mom is in Spain for awhile so it’s just me and the pops! I’m so happy I get to spend the weekend with him for Father’s Day. I’m thinking amusement park time?? We LOVE rides!
2. Going out during the week. Who am I?! Haha on Tuesday night I went out with a coworker and we had a couple glasses of wine and split a piece of delicious pound cake with vanilla ice cream on top. Pure bliss. On Wednesday I went out with Hayley for a happy hour. Just look at this gorgeousness…sips in the sky! Guess which glass was mine?? 😉
3. My last day of work and my summer class was yesterday! Hopefully I did okay on the final exam but I’m actually surprised how much I learned. It was a truly enjoyable class.
Top 3 Instagrams
1. I love Kylie’s blog, and her Instagram is always on point too. This quote makes me happy.
2. This burger is completely vegan?! Too good to be true!
3. There’s nothing better than a stack of pancakes. Emilie’s look fantastic!
Top 3 Reads
1. Your Diet Is Not the Catalyst to Happiness – Blissful Lyss
This post really hit home for me. One of her best posts yet, in my opinion! “The food you eat should not be connected with how you feel about yourself.”
2. 3 Things I Learned When I Stopped Weighing Myself Every Day – MindBodyGreen
Our weight fluctuates throughout the day, so it’s nearly impossible to find that “correct” weight. Case in point: DON’T WORRY ABOUT IT.
3. Life-Hacks Every Frequent Traveler Needs To Know – The Healthy Maven
Davida’s blog is awesome! As someone who loves to travel, these tips and tricks will save you a TON of time at the airport or on your journey. Pack light!
Now tell me…
- What are you looking forward to this weekend?
- Wine or beer?