Happy late Father’s Day to all the fathers and father figures out there! You guys are the best! 🙂
Also, happy Monday.
Yeah, it’s that time of the week again but we got this.
I had a great Father’s Day weekend with my Dad. It’s just the two of us for now and I cannot tell you how much quality time we enjoyed together.
Today I’m having lunch at my grandma’s with all of my cousins and I’m PUMPED. Italian grandmas are the absolute best.
But before I head to that later, let’s recap shall we? 🙂
– I got home late from a long 6 hour drive and immediately gave my Dad a BIG hug. Nothin’ better. We caught up a little and watched some TV before I headed up to bed.
– Can you say WORK?! After coffee and breakfast, I asked my Dad what he wanted to do this weekend. Dad suggested we tackle the hedging and mulching for our landscaping because why not? Quality father-daughter time at its finest. But man, I’ve never worked so hard outside before. I have a new respect for landscapers who do that for a living. We sweat our brains out for 4 hours but the hedges and mulch look KILLER.
-Dinner was Asian food from Wegmans Market Cafe…I MISSED WEGS SO MUCH. Who else has got a Wegmans near them?! Join in on my enthusiasm.
– We watched “The Revenant” together too, which was INCREDIBLE. I recommend it to anyone. I promise you won’t be able to stop watching.
– Not pictured: Salted Caramel ice cream. NOMMMM.
– Happy Father’s Day!!! 🙂
– I woke up early to finish my Dad’s gift, which he absolutely LOVED. I did something similar for my Mom for Mother’s Day so I thought it would be the perfect gift for him too! To me, a book like this is so much more meaningful than any piece of clothing, gadget, or material gift. This came straight from the heart. ❤ Find it on Amazon!
While he was reading his book, I made him some breakfast. Any guesses??
Yup, you guessed it right! 😉
-The man who rarely eats breakfast actually agreed to eat oatmeal when I suggested I would make some. Lauren’s Banana PB&J Oatmeal is one of my favorite recipes, so obviously I had to make them for my favorite man! He approved. 🙂
– We listened to a worship sermon online and then headed outside to do a little more yard work. The weather has been so gorgeous! A little more landscaping out of the way and then we went to see some of his side of the family.
– Guess who didn’t feel like cooking again?! WE DIDN’T! We both looked at each other and said, “Wegmans Market Cafe again?” Yeah.
– Moscow Mules to start, of course. 😉 I got some salmon and roasted veggies and he had his same dinner from Saturday! That Lemon Pepper Chicken is soooo good though so I don’t blame him.
While we were talking at the kitchen table yesterday, he reminded me of something that I always take for granted: TIME.
He told me to savor all of these little moments we have together, even if it’s just talking, watching a movie, or doing yard work. He’s right. Sometimes life moves so fast that I forget what happened. That’s why I love giving those books, because it forces you to THINK and go back into the archives of your memory and write down all of those little moments you’ve had together. That’s also why journaling is such a good idea. I still have to do more of that!
Anyway, I love you Dad. Thank you for being my hero, my rock, and my biggest fan. You make me a better person and I am so lucky and proud to be your daughter. ❤
Oh yeah, you know I was killin’ it with the shades from a young age. 😉
Now tell me…
- Did you do anything fun with your Dad yesterday?
- What’s your favorite food cuisine??
- I honestly could never choose because I love ALL food!