Sorry I was M.I.A yesterday, but the past few days have been pretty busy.
Time to round up some of my favorite things from the past week! Enjoy!
Linking up with Kate, of The Domestikated Life, to bring you my “tops” of the week. 🙂
*All images are credited to their respective author.*
Top 3 Recipes
1. Easy Margarita Recipe – Show Me The Yummy
Who doesn’t love margaritas and Mexican food?! Jennifer’s simple recipe is perfect for your Margarita Mondays…or any day of the week!
2. Pesto and Ricotta Naan Pizza – In It 4 The Long Run
You shouldn’t need a reason to make this Naan pizza…JUST MAKE IT.
3. Chickpea Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies – Ambitious Kitchen
Don’t let the name fool you. These cookies look absolutely incredible!! Chickpea flour is actually very sweet!
Top 3 Lows
1. My grandmother (paternal) passed away on Sunday. That’s why the past few days have been very crazy around here, but my Dad and I are doing fine! Being in a nursing home and a sudden battle with pneumonia was something her body couldn’t fight, but she’s at peace now with God.
2. The amount of work I have for my online class. Yup, as soon as the first one ended this second one started! It’s all good though, I’m doing them to stay on track for graduation.
3. Not being able to see Cal again till August…crossing fingers that it will be sooner!
Top 3 Highs
1. Spending quality father-daughter time with my Dad, even if it that just meant doing yard work outside in the heat!
2. Cousins lunch at Grandma’s! One of my cousins is headed off to West Point Academy this Sunday so this was our “goodbye” to him. Such a fun and delicious afternoon, and grandma’s first selfie!
3. Waking up in MY room every morning. Being home has been great! I love how much natural light my room gets from the sun in the morning, and it makes waking up so much more wonderful for me! 🙂
Top 3 Instagrams
1. Wise words from Cassey, of Blogilates. Never give up! EVER!!!
Top 3 Reads
1. Your Body Isn’t A Battlefield – The Real Life R.D.
Once again, Robyn hit home with this post. Spend more time focusing on the things that make you HAPPY instead of judging and beating up your body image. Such an important post!
2. Why I Re-Designed My Blog (And How To Know When You’re Ready) – The Blissful Balance
For all my fellow bloggers out there, this one’s for you! Christina’s blog just got a makeover and it looks awesome! If you’ve been blogging for awhile and feel like you need an update, just do it. It’s time for my blog to get a makeover too, I’m convinced!!
3. Why You Feel Worse When You First Start Recovery – Real Life Recovery Diary
Amanda’s blog is another favorite of mine, and this is something I experienced when I took those first steps to recovery. It’s not easy, but I promise you it’s SO WORTH IT.
Now tell me…
- Any fun plans for the weekend?
- Dream travel destination?